Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Proud Big Cousin!

For those of you who know me irl, you know that I absolutely adore my cousins. And I have a ton of them!

On Friday, I had the pleasure of attending my little cousin, Dylan's preschool graduating! You know how emotional people get when they see their eighteen year olds in caps and gowns? Your heart will melt when you see these 4 and 5 year olds in their tiny cap and gowns!

Aren't you melting right now?!?!
Dylan's graduation was especially special because Dylan was born when I was about 17 1/2. He attended my high school graduation when he was an itty bitty thing! We took pictures of little 6 month old Dylan wearing my red DHS cap.

Me, Dylan, & Hollie at my high school graduation!

Three years later, he attended my sister, Dani's high school graduation. He was 3 and a half during her graduation and still didn't quite understand the point of graduation.

In fact, when we told him he had to say "Yay!" when they called Dani's name, he informed us that he wanted to say, "basketball" or "Paul Gasol" instead.

Dylan and Dani - He was tired!

Finally, Dylan made the long trip up to Harrisonburg to see me graduate from JMU (or the school with the big dog, as he calls it)! I have a photo of him (that took some convincing) in my purple JMU cap!

Future Duke?
His graduation ceremony was adorable. The kids recited a poem, sang, and danced!  And there were cupcakes aftwerward! Doesn't get much better than that!

Dylan & I!

0 comments:

Post a Comment