Monday, January 2, 2012

Top 11 of 2011

I would say that it seemed like it was just yesterday that we were ringing in 2011, but in reality it seems like it was a long time ago!


I decided to make a couple of lists to commemorate 2011.

Top 11 Books I Read During 2011 (in no particular order)

  1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Read it now if you haven't already.
  2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
  3. Mockingjay by Suzanna Collins
  4. Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe - One of the best classic novels I've ever read
  5. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
  6. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
  7. Something Blue by Emily Giffin
  8. Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair, Cancer, and Kathie Lee by Hoda Kotb
  9. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  10. Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow
  11. P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
Top 11 Roadtrips of 2011 (in no particular order)

  1. Maine (July) - By far this was the best roadtrip ever! I am so grateful to Patti and her family for taking me. I got to spend a week with one of my most favorite families that treat me as if I am their own!
  2. Harrisonburg (April) - I had the opportunity to meet one of my tumblr friends and tour the new performing arts center. I gotto attend two of Beau's baseball games and hang out with some of my absolute favorite JMU/Harrisonburg loves.
  3. Charlotte (April/May) - Though I was down there for a job interview, I got to spend time with my old roomie, my birthday twin, and my boys! And I actually got to stay in the city this time and see more of Charlotte.
  4. Arlington (January) - I brought in the new year with my roomies and got to go to Tyson's, which reminds me - I need to go back there.
  5. Harrisonburg (August) - I always love going to Harrisonburg for fantasy football weekend. On this particular weekend, I got to catch up with one of my MCCs, go to the book fair, and go dance like a crazy fool at The Blue Nile, which was the absolute highlight of my weekend!
  6. Norfolk (May) - I traveled down to Old Dominion University, a place I always feel at home, to celebrate my little cousin's graduation! A good time as always!
  7. Arlington (August) - It was my first time in Northern Virginia during the warm months in years! I had a blast walking around D.C. in the heat and visiting museums and monuments!
  8. Arlington (September) - I went to D.C. for some job interviews and it was the first time I rode the metro by myself and I did it correctly!
  9. Harrisonburg (October) - Homecoming 2011 was amazing! I got to surprise my favorites! And watching the game with Jim in the brand new stadium was AMAZING!
  10. Arlington (February) - This trip happened so long ago that I can't remember what I did. But I do remember not having to spend Valentine's weekend alone and I got to see my Bea! I think I also went to Potomac Mills and IKEA for the first time ever!
  11. Blacksburg (August) - Moving my sister into college was fun because it brought back memories of my 4 wonderful years at JMU! And I got to spend time with my Little Duke turned Hokie, Tori. 

Top 11 Moments of 2011 (In no particular order)

  1. My little sister being crowned Miss DHS in March.
  2. My little sister graduating as valedictorian of her high school class.
  3. My cousin graduating from Old Dominion University.
  4. Watching my JMU Dukes beat those Richmond Spiders as my first game in new stadium for Homecoming 2011.
  5. Watching the Dinwiddie Girls Cross Country team become regular season district champs and win the district championship. And I was there every step of the way!
  6. The birth of my niece, Raina...but maybe not the part where I was actually in the room for it.
  7. Being invited to vacation in Maine with Patti and her family! I swear the whole week before I went I was so excited, I'd just say Maine and smile like a goober because I could not wait!
  8. The Earthquake of 2011
  9. Seeing Wicked at the Landmark Theater
  10. Having two articles and photos published in The Progress-Index
  11. That moment when they announced that there was actually was going to be football this year, which led to me drafting not one, but two fantasy football teams!

0 comments:

Post a Comment