I decided to make a couple of lists to commemorate 2011.
Top 11 Books I Read During 2011 (in no particular order)
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - Read it now if you haven't already.
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Mockingjay by Suzanna Collins
- Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe - One of the best classic novels I've ever read
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
- Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
- Something Blue by Emily Giffin
- Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair, Cancer, and Kathie Lee by Hoda Kotb
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Through My Eyes by Tim Tebow
- P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern
Top 11 Roadtrips of 2011 (in no particular order)
- Maine (July) - By far this was the best roadtrip ever! I am so grateful to Patti and her family for taking me. I got to spend a week with one of my most favorite families that treat me as if I am their own!
- Harrisonburg (April) - I had the opportunity to meet one of my tumblr friends and tour the new performing arts center. I gotto attend two of Beau's baseball games and hang out with some of my absolute favorite JMU/Harrisonburg loves.
- Charlotte (April/May) - Though I was down there for a job interview, I got to spend time with my old roomie, my birthday twin, and my boys! And I actually got to stay in the city this time and see more of Charlotte.
- Arlington (January) - I brought in the new year with my roomies and got to go to Tyson's, which reminds me - I need to go back there.
- Harrisonburg (August) - I always love going to Harrisonburg for fantasy football weekend. On this particular weekend, I got to catch up with one of my MCCs, go to the book fair, and go dance like a crazy fool at The Blue Nile, which was the absolute highlight of my weekend!
- Norfolk (May) - I traveled down to Old Dominion University, a place I always feel at home, to celebrate my little cousin's graduation! A good time as always!
- Arlington (August) - It was my first time in Northern Virginia during the warm months in years! I had a blast walking around D.C. in the heat and visiting museums and monuments!
- Arlington (September) - I went to D.C. for some job interviews and it was the first time I rode the metro by myself and I did it correctly!
- Harrisonburg (October) - Homecoming 2011 was amazing! I got to surprise my favorites! And watching the game with Jim in the brand new stadium was AMAZING!
- Arlington (February) - This trip happened so long ago that I can't remember what I did. But I do remember not having to spend Valentine's weekend alone and I got to see my Bea! I think I also went to Potomac Mills and IKEA for the first time ever!
- Blacksburg (August) - Moving my sister into college was fun because it brought back memories of my 4 wonderful years at JMU! And I got to spend time with my Little Duke turned Hokie, Tori.
Top 11 Moments of 2011 (In no particular order)
- My little sister being crowned Miss DHS in March.
- My little sister graduating as valedictorian of her high school class.
- My cousin graduating from Old Dominion University.
- Watching my JMU Dukes beat those Richmond Spiders as my first game in new stadium for Homecoming 2011.
- Watching the Dinwiddie Girls Cross Country team become regular season district champs and win the district championship. And I was there every step of the way!
- The birth of my niece, Raina...but maybe not the part where I was actually in the room for it.
- Being invited to vacation in Maine with Patti and her family! I swear the whole week before I went I was so excited, I'd just say Maine and smile like a goober because I could not wait!
- The Earthquake of 2011
- Seeing Wicked at the Landmark Theater
- Having two articles and photos published in The Progress-Index
- That moment when they announced that there was actually was going to be football this year, which led to me drafting not one, but two fantasy football teams!