Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Nights Out and Days Off

I was sitting at work yesterday and the day was dragging on and on. Now don't get me wrong, I was enjoying my job for the day as school receptionist. Being school receptionist meant I wasn't in a class room for 4 and half hours with 25+ students at a time. But very little was going on for most of the day, so time was moving slowly. I couldn't wait until the day was over; I was looking forward to a nap. 

At about lunchtime, while I was sneaking looks at my phone, I got an invitation to attend a VCU basketball for that night.  Now while that nap was tempting, I value my social life, which has been lagging lately so I took Jim up on the offer!

Luckily since I am still without car, my sister attends VCU and has class every night. Tip off was scheduled for 7 p.m., which worked out perfectly since Dani has class at 7. She was nice enough to take her favorite big sister to Richmond with her. 

Now I've been to very few basketball games in my life. But it's a little weird when you're at a university's sporting event and you don't go to that university. Now we both wore black and gold to fit in but we knew none of the cheers. Especially the "you suck balls" cheer that the students do every time a player on the visitor team is introduced. Next time, we're making up on our own cheers!

But the VCU fans and the pep band are pretty hardcore. It was a good game; basketball is less squeaky in real life than it is on television. VCU played the Hofstra Pride and VCU won by 12 points. Next time I'm going to have to bet money on the game and learn some more about basketball so I can be a little more into the game.

Needless to say, I got home pretty late. I had been trying to suppress the cold I could feel coming on all day. On Tuesday morning I got a lovely surprise! Other than my cold that is. I got a day off! I was planning on telling the substitute caller that I was taking the day off if she called, but she didn't! I got to sleep in until 10:30. (Don't call me lazy, keep in mind I'm a little sick!)

When I went to take the dog out this morning, I wasn't expecting the spring-like weather! It worked out well for some self photography using my camera remote!


This is how I felt about my day off and today's weather! I'm a regular cheerleader...now all I need is a big purple hair bow! =]

0 comments:

Post a Comment