Friday, January 13, 2012

2012 Goals and Resolutions!

Source
So it took me a couple of days but I've finally come up with my list of resolutions, goals, etc. for 2012. I'm ready to make this year the best year of my life, no matter what ups and downs life throws my way!


Fashion


  • Dress better -I need to find clothes that look good on me. I get bored with my look a lot and rarely do anything to change it!
  • Get rid of clothes that I do not wear - Make room for the new clothes!
  • Finally find the best makeup, nail polish, and lip color for my complexion and skin tone
  • Don't be so lazy with accessories - I wear the same earrings for weeks on end, then I'll switch earrings and wear them for weeks on end. I am so boring!


Social


  • No more boring weekends - I'm tired of sitting at home every weekend! I'm young! I need to get out before I get old!
  • Be a better friend
  • Don't force people to be in my life
  • Give back and appreciate those who are good to me - I need to be sure that those that do so much for me know how I much I appreciate them!


Fitness


  • Exercise more
  • Run some races (including an 8K that's taking place in February)
  • Use the Wii Fitness games I have while I have access to a Wii - Just Dance 2,3; Michael Jackson Experience for the Wii, EA Active 2, and Zumba!


Nutrition
Source


  • Eat more fruits and vegetables
  • Take more vitamins and get more vitamins and minerals naturally by eating better
  • Stop drinking caffeine after 3 p.m. - I had been doing really good at not drinking as much caffeine back in 2010 but getting up early for work and having long crazy days has got me back drinking way too much caffeine.
  • Drink more water 
  • Cut down on sweets - I definitely had way too many sweets when fall and winter started. Someone I work with recently mentioned that I put on weight and I decided that maybe I shouldn't eat as many sweets as I do. Not that I'm overweight, because I'm not. Just due to my multiculturalness, this home girl puts on most of her weight in three places: the chest, the booty, and in between the two, which will eventually make me look like a raisin with legs!
  • Try out more recipes - I get bored eating the same things over and over again.


Life


  • Get a job - Need I explain why this must happen this year and soon? I'm trying to apply to at least one job everyday. At least for the next 30 days. 
  • Get an apartment (with an awesome roommate!)
  • Get a car 


Creativity, Hobbies, and Interests


  • Try more art projects - Thanks to Pinterest I've seen about 10000 things I want to do. Now to find the time and the money!
  • Finish all the projects that I start - I am queen of starting things and not finishing them!
  • Start on my scrapbook - I've had this scrapbook for at least a year and it has 0 completed pages!
  • Work on my photography - I got 3 awesome photography books for Christmas and a monopod! I can't wait to take some awesome photographs and completely redo my portfolio!
  • Practice Spanish - Being able to converse in Spanish is going to come in handy one day, I know it. So far I've found that random people just ask me to help them get their phone out of Spanish when they accidentally change the language on their phone. Plus I don't want to lose my Spanish-speaking skills. 
  • Work on my writing (creative and non creative) - I need some good writing samples for some of the jobs I apply to. And I'm going to try writing a novel
  • Read more than I watch TV (keep a list and write book reviews)
  • Blog more!!!


Financial
Source 


  • Start couponing - This will come in handy when I finally live on my own. I'm gonna be the queen of couponing!
  • Save money - I got a coin counting money jar for Christmas! I've always wanted one of those!
  • Pay as much on my student loans as I can - Curse you student loans, I don't want to paying you all my life! 
  • Pay back my mama for my car repairs


Travel
  • Add more states to my list of states visited - I just want to go places! I need new scenery and new experiences! Going somewhere? Take me with you!


What are your resolutions and goals for this year?

0 comments:

Post a Comment