Tuesday, August 16, 2011

SWEET FROG =)

It turns out that Twitter is an awesome way to set up a fun afternoon adventure with some old friends!

A week or two ago, Jessica tweeted something about Sweet Frog, which is this frozen yogurt place that has a toppings bar that's fairly new around here. I tweeted her back and told her I really wanted to go since my sisters went without me earlier this summer.

Well then Courtney saw our tweets and she said she wanted to go. And then Jessica's sister, Brooke, jumped in on the action. After a couple of tweets back and forth, we made plans to hit up Sweet Frog in Chester on Thursday.

I met Jessica and Brooke at their house and we drove to Chester to meet Courtney, who had just returned from outlet shopping in Williamsburg.

For those of you who've never been to Sweet Frog, let me explain it to you. You get in line and you grab either a small, medium, or large bowl. Then you pick your frozen yogurts. The wall is lined with several dispenser each dispensing a different flavor and you get to choose which you want! I opted for vanilla, cookies n creme, and cake batter (yum!).

Then it's on to the toppings! And they have everything! From fresh fruit, such as strawberries, mango, maraschino cherries to typical ice cream toppings, like chocolate chips, sprinkles, chocolate syrup, to completely random things, like sunflower seeds, chocolate covered sunflower seeds, Fruity Pebbles, and Cap'n Crunch!

Then you get place your bowl on the scale in front of the register and you pay 39 cents per ounce! It really is an amazing deal!

My creation!


We found a table, enjoyed our frozen yogurt, and caught up. I swear it had been years since I had seen Courtney.

Then that's when the excitement started. All of a sudden the lady at the table next to us asked Courtney to sit with her mother and make sure she didn't fall over because her blood sugar had just dropped suddenly.

Then everyone is the place is coming over to assist this lady and her mother, Miss Beverly. They're giving her orange juice, Coca Cola, offering them their unpaid for ice cream, and taking her pulse.

Then the manager calls 911 and the EMTs and ambulance show up and they're trying to convince Miss Beverly that she needs to go the hospital. Poor Brooke was about to cry through all this; she loves old people.

They finally convinced Miss Beverly that the hospital was a good idea and off they took her.

The girls and I stayed a little after that talking and after awhile we left. I headed back to Jessica and Brooke's house where Jessica made me a salad and Brooke made me some chicken nuggets and some macaroni and cheese! =]

All in all, it was a good time and I can't wait to go back! Hopefully next time I'm there I won't witness a medical emergency! And we hope Miss Beverly makes a full recovery!

Have you ever been to Sweet Frog, or a place like it? How do you like your Fro Yo?

0 comments:

Post a Comment