Friday, June 3, 2011

Update on the job front...

For those of you who have been following my efforts of finding a future, here's an update for you!

As you may know, I had an interview down in Charlotte for a teaching fellows program. I wasn't sure how the interview went, as there were four main components of the interview.  But I felt like for the most part, it went well. 

I was delighted when I found out 2 weeks later (at like 10:45 at night, mind you. Which is very late for the girl who had been checking her e-mail obsessively since she woke up that day) that I had been offered a spot.

I took some time to weigh my options and decide if it was doable. I got myself all psyched up and enrolled in the program.

Today, regretfully, I have decided that this program is not for me. I am happy that I was given the opportunity but I'm ready to begin my teaching career using an alternative route.

And this way I don't have to miss my sister's graduation!

But I am confident that there is another job opportunity out there for me. I just have to find it!

How long did it take for you to find your future (after high school, college, etc.)? Or are you still looking for it? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment