Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fantasy Football Draft 2012

I can be super competitive. Know that. That's why the Saturday before last I partook (is that even a word) in one of my favorite end-of-summer activities: the annual Harrisonburg Fantasy Football League draft. 

I've been participating in this league for 4 years. The league has been around for 6 years. I am currently the reigning fantasy football champion.


On September 1, at noon, we gathered at our favorite fantasy football drafting location, the Buffalo Wild Wings in Harrisonburg. This year our league was made up of 8 teams, all of whom were present for our live draft, with the exception of one, which led to us having a celebrity drafter. That celebrity drafter happened to be:

My birthday twin!
With the help of your awesome sticker girl, Jessica, we all successfully drafted our fantasy teams. I had the 8th draft pick while Jeremy had the number 1 draft pack. Patti drafted 7th, which often caused problems when we tried to share her boyfriend consultant, Ben.

Jessica and I


Anyway here are the members of my nameless team!

Matthew Stafford, QB Detroit Lions
Steven Jackson, RB St. Louis Rams
Stevan Ridley, RB New England Patriots
Marshawn Lynch, RB Seattle Seahawks
Victor Cruz, WR New York Giants
Antonio Brown, WR Pittsburgh Steelers
Jermichael Finley, TE Green Bay Packers
Ravens D/ST
David Akers, K San Francisco 49ers
Dwayne Bowe, WR Kansas City Chiefs
Kevin Smith, RB Detroit Lions
Philip Rivers, QB San Diego Chargers
Robert Meachem, WR San Diego Chargers
Denarius Moore, WR Oakland Raiders
Kenny Britt, WR Tennessee Titans
Michael Bush, RB Chicago Bears

This league is one of two fantasy football I am participating in this year. Here's to hoping I can have a good season with both!

Do you participate in fantasy football? Who are your favorite players to draft?

0 comments:

Post a Comment