As of 7:04 a.m. Monday (April 23), I am 24 years of age. I'm still young, but I'm not that young. My six-year-old cousin asked me if when I turned 24 if I'd finally be a grown up. I'm still trying to answer that question myself.
I took the day off on Monday because I am lucky enough to have one of those jobs where I can take off whenever I want to (a not real job - another sign that I'm not quite a grown up yet). I slept in, was lazy, was spoiled, and looked cute. All of my favorite things. I'd been getting spoiled since Friday, having been taken out to eat 6 times over the course of 6 days. Some call it spoiled, I think I'll call it loved.
In honor of my 24th birthday and because this is my blog and I do what I want, I will be sharing with you 24 obscure facts you may or may not have known about this Southern Charmer.
1. I didn't learn how to tie my shoes with one loop (you know, the not two-bunny ears way) until college. No lie. And actually this fact, while very much true, was just a sneaky way of getting a photo of my new shoes I got for my birthday on here. =] Like?
2. I have never lived more than 20 miles away from the hospital where I was born, with the exception of the 4 years I was at JMU.
3. I love sunglasses. Especially my white ones. The reason I bought my first pair of white sunglasses is because someone told me that they would not look good on me, that white sunglasses look good on no one. I've been rockin them ever since. And I think I look good doing it.
4. I collect a lot of
5. I was one of those nerdy people in school who liked to take notes. When I write stuff down, I remember it. I am always writing and always making lists. If you looked in my purse now, you'd find my reporter's notebook, full of lists, along with other assorted folded up pieces of paper.
6. I have a super crazy freaky memory. Ask my friends. I remember facts, dates, events, stuff that no person should remember. It's absurd. I recently received my school records and found an assessment that my first grade teacher had written on me. It said, "Tiffany has an excellent memory."
7. When I went to college, I'd never been away from my family from home for more than a week at one time.
8. My mom thought there was something wrong with me when I was little because I wouldn't talk much. My uncle told her once I started, I'd never stop. That's been the case ever since.
9. At the age of 18, I'd only ever been to four states (and D.C.).
10. I've never spent more than 10 consecutive days outside the state of Virginia.
11. I like stars. That "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" song? I always get the two middle lines mixed up...every time.
12. Sometimes I eat like a man. Or so, I've been told. I've eaten 5 blueberry muffins in one day. Once I ate 6 medium-size pancakes for breakfast and my cousin called me a pig!
13. I am a procrastinator, which sucks because my whole college major (journalism) is based on deadline. I do work best under pressure.
14. I didn't write a personal statement to get into JMU. The application said it was optional so I opted not to do it. JMU is so hard to get into now that that would never work again.
15. I've been into photography since I was little. I made a pinhole camera using directions from my Girl Scout book when I was 9. When I got to use the Sony Mavica when I was in 5th grade, I fell in love with it. I used to visit the camera section of Walmart every time we were there. The memory card for a Mavica was a floppy disk. Yeah, I'm old.
16. I've never been outside of the Eastern Time Zone.
17. My friends get me hooked on tv shows so easily. I can't even name all the shows I've seen every episode of.
18. I've been singing since I was a little girl. I used to make up songs and one Christmas I got a microphone for Christmas. I did chorus in middle school and high school for 4 years. During road trips, I rock out hardcore in my car. The sad thing? I can't sing at all.
|Bad picture because it's a picture of a picture. (December 1990)|
20. I once ate rabbit meat. It tastes like turkey.
21. I am lactose intolerant.
22. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 19.
23. 23 is my favorite number!
24. I absolutely love anything JMU. But this isn't really an obscure fact is it?