Monday, March 5, 2012

A Typical Dinwiddie Snow Day

I'm not one for watching the news on the weekends. On Sunday, my uncle text me and told me that the meteorologist were calling for 1 to 3 inches of snow for our area and that school would like be delayed on Monday.


I hate Mondays as much as the rest of you, so I was all for a shorter Monday. Also I didn't get into bed until midnight last night, so I was praying for more sleep. 


I woke up at 5:45 a.m. as usual and looked out the window. There was no snow. I proceeded to begin my typical morning routine, eating breakfast and drinking copious amounts of caffeine in the form of Pepsi to get me through my day.


Mom and I sit in front of the tv watching the local school closings and delays scroll across the bottom of the screen.


At about 6:05 a.m., one of the three channels lists Dinwiddie as having a two hour delay. Then another. Then finally Mom gets her phone call from the school board saying we officially have a two hour delay. 


We both head back to sleep for another hour and a half. Well I attempted to sleep; remember all the caffeine I drank? Not a good idea. 


At approximately 8 a.m.,  Mom wakes me up and tells me that school is cancelled. I look out the window; there is still no snow. But I figure it's on its way. So I unset my alarm and fall back to sleep.


I'm not going to tell you what time I actually got out of bed for the day because it was embarrassingly late. I will tell you that there is still no snow. The temperature outside is now above freezing.








There are places north of us who got 3 to 4 inches of snow and still sent their students. 


Dinwiddie, on the other hand, just had a snowless snow day. And hey, I'm not complaining!


Did it snow where you are today? How much? What do you like to do on snow days? (Remind me to tell you the story of my favorite snow day during college one day!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment