Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bingo

The day we got to Maine (Thursday) we checked the newspapers and the fliers down at the dock to see what was going on that week. There was gonna be Tai Chi on Saturday morning that we eventually decided to pass on, since A) We had to be at the dock at 9:00 a.m. and B) I don't know if any of us were really serious about doing Tai Chi anyway!
But what did catch our eye (or eyes), you ask?  The Adult Bingo, that was taking place on Saturday night. The sign said $1 dollar per game, bring small bills. And that we did.
And we brought our game faces!
We showed up at the hall right before the event was supposed to start (I think it was 7 or 8, I can't remember now). Anyway, right as we showed up so did another group of about 7 or 8 ladies showed up to face Patti, her parents, Daniel, Stephanie, and I in Bingo.

Or I should say speed bingo. First of all, it was a dollar per 3 square sheet (above; notice my card had to have a 23 on it!) per game. So if you paid $1 you had 3 different bingo squares to get bingo on. And the lady called out the numbers so fast! So imagine if you played 3 3-square sheets. You had 9 bingo squares to look at!
The winnings was all the money from that round! And I was determined to win. Which I finally did. Got me a good $18 dollars or so. Patti's dad won like 3 or 4 times but I think he spent most of his winnings paying for us to play (Thanks!). Also a couple of the ladies in the other group won several times too.
All in all, we had so much fun and I've never played bingo so competively before. I might need to start!

1 comment:

  1. Ah never thought I would have so much fun playing bingo! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete